Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

This Foundation is Still a Work in Progress



I am still working on the concrete block foundation wall. I am filling some of the cores down to the footer with concrete and seal up the others with a top layer of concrete in all the cores on the top course.

I know I’ve posted this last week, but I am hoping to finish this tomorrow. I was supposed to have a hired hand, but he didn’t show up last week. I have 2×8 pressure treated boards sitting there on the property for the sill and I am also sitting on go to have my other lumber delivered, it’s itemized and ordered, just need to have it delivered.

Doing most of the work yourself takes time. I’ve been contacting some other local Georgia companies I’ve found on craigslist who have unused building materials. Aside from lumber, there is a load of stuff out there for the house at huge discounts off what you would pay at a building supply store like Lowes or Home Depot.

I’ll check back later and post some more pictures, maybe even some video. I keep forgetting to get my Flipcamera out of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment