Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Launch of “Building Our Home” Blog

Welcome to our new site. 

After finding an amazing deal on a piece of land in Georgia, my wife and I are embarking on a journey to build our own home as an owner builder. I am kind of a “jack of all trades” and have been heavily involved in internet marketing and graphic design as a hobby of mine, so I figured… Why not turn this into a step by step documentary of our experiences while building our own house.

I also thought it would be interesting to find building materials from alternative sources such as craigslist.com, backpage.com, and maybe some signs, rather than pay retail prices for building supplies at home improvement stores. I know how to get high ranking in search engines using blogs and linking, so I’m hoping for some large companies to want to donate some materials in exchange for permanent links from my blog, which will be a heavily visited owner builder website.

In this owner builder blog, we’ll discuss every step of the building process as we go along, every road block, every victory, any score on building materials at crazy prices, and much more. In my next post, I’ll include some pictures of the land and some rough sketches I’ve made of our house plans and site plan. If you’ve been looking for a step by step guide to building your own home, I am happy to put this website together for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment